AFFIDAVIT BY PARENT/GUARDIAN
I, ___________________________________________________________ father / mother/ guardian of ____________________________________________ with Application No._____________________________ , FT No_________________________________
1) My ward having been admitted to Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai, I have read the anti-ragging affidavit from the AICTE website (http://www.aicte-india.org/anti.htm) on Curbing the menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions, 2009, (hereinafter called the “Regulations”) carefully read and fully understood the provisions contained in the said Regulations.
2) I have, in particular, perused clause 4 of the Regulations and am aware as to what constitutes ragging.
3) I have also, in particular, perused clause 5(4) and clause 8(4)(a) of the Regulations and am fully aware of the penal and administrative action that is liable to be taken against my ward in case he/she is found guilty or abetting ragging, actively or passively, or being part of a conspiracy to promote ragging.
4) I hereby solemnly aver and undertake that
a) My ward will not indulge in any behavior or act that may be constituted as ragging under clause 3 of the Regulations.
b) My ward will not participate in or abet or propagate through any act of commission or omission that may be constituted as ragging under clause 4 of the Regulations.
5) I hereby affirm that, if found guilty of ragging, my ward is liable for punishment according to clause 8(4)(a) of the Regulations, without prejudice to any other criminal action that may be taken against my ward under any penal law or any law for the time being in force.
6) I hereby declare that my ward has not been expelled or debarred from admission in any institution in the country on account of being found guilty of, abetting or being part of a conspiracy to promote, ragging; and further affirm that, in case the...