“Bill Nye: Genes” Video Worksheet
1. Where do your genes come from?
2. What is inside every cell in your body?
3. What does DNA stand for?
4. What did Bill climb to get out of the Nye Lab?
5. How long is the DNA string model of science?
6. How many times longer is DNA than it is wide?
7. How does Bill define a Gene?
8. Why is the white blood cell dark on the computer screen?
9. What does the nucleus of the cell contain?
10. What can you do with DNA after you take it out of an organism?
11. What 2 organisms were combined to create the message to Bill in the petri dish?
12. What do genes do?
13. Mom tells Richie: Genes are the set of __________________ _______________ that get passed down from _____________to child. In the process, of course, the genetic material is ____________________ in new ways, which is why people bear resemblance to their _____________ and __________________without looking like any one relative in particular.
14. What analogy does Bill use to describe the human set of chromosomes?
15. What is each chapter analogous to?
16. How many genes to humans have?
17. What do cells in the body not need to do? _________________________
18. Most species have fewer than _________chromosomes but thousands and thousands of genes
19. Bill calls the babies “bundles of ________________________________”
20. The reproductive cell that a mother donates to her child is called the ____
21. The reproductive cell that a father donates to his child is called the ______
22. The number of cells needed to make a baby is: ______________________
23. DNA is the ___________ print for the future
24. Earlobes can be ______________or ____________________
25. A __________is a piece of the ___________ molecule
26. The four chemicals of DNA are
27. The number of...