1. Implement Phase 1 of Archer's EPMO within 6 months for a budget of $400,000 to $450,000.
2. In 6 months, deliver the capability to assemble a balanced project portfolio by ensuring alignment of project selection with the organization's strategic direction, thus eliminating 100% of new project acceptances that no longer meet business objectives.
3. Support executive decision-making with consolidated reporting and enterprise monitoring of all projects that immediately results in a decrease in the response time of executive decisions and by the end of the first year, an increase in project success rates by 30%.
4. Establish a common, systematic approach to project management with the implementation of standard processes and methodologies for project planning, execution, risk mitigation, and change control, thereby reducing average project cycle times by 20% within the first year.
5. Leverage knowledge transfer and the combined experiences of Archer’s Project Managers to realize, within 1 year, a 25% improvement in the number of projects completed with the same resources, and immediately recognize the early completion of project tasks.
The following factors are considered true, real, or certain with respect to the project proposed in this charter:
1. The sponsors and stakeholders will fund, support and sustain the EPMO initiative.
2. There will be existing physical space, software and planning tools allocated to establish the EPMO as a dedicated, central organizational unit.
3. Encore PM will have access to computers, network and office space while on site and will be given full access to past project information for up to a 10-year period.
4. Archer will make subject matter experts, including project managers and business analysts, available to the project team when required throughout the lifecycle of the project.
5. Archer will staff the EPMO with two existing skilled and credentialed employees, or commit to an...