Obese children in America
D. Is belly fat more dangerous than on other areas of the body?
Yes, belly fat is the most dangerous body fat.
Belly fat causes
- Inflammatory molecules
- Fat ends up in blood streams
- Increases risk of diabetes type 2
- Heart attacks / heart troubles
- Unnoticeable but has highly negative affect to health consequences.
- Risk of heart diseases & cardiovascular disease
- Risk of being obese
- Varieties of cancer
- Having a waistline over 34 in. (females), 40 in. (males), are at substantial risk or being obese
F. what are some specific meal plans that would be healthy for kids that a family could use to plan meals for one week?
- Intake less salt
- 1-3 year old should eat less than 1500 milligrams a day
- Healthier breakfast
- Eat 100% whole grain foods
- Bagel classics
- Toaster treats
- Control portion size
- Eat lots of fiber
- Drink lots of water to fill yourself up to stay away from hunger
- Delight kids with dips; dips for veggies / fruits
- Serve single portions; kids will overeat less
- Eat fruits and veggies, they’re half a balanced meal
- Eat variety of foods
- Eat less of some foods and more of others
* "Belly Fat: The Most Dangerous Fat On Your Body." Exercises For Abs HQ: The Truth About Six Pack Abs. Web. 09 Oct. 2011. <http://www.exercisesforabshq.com/belly-fat-the-most-dangerous-fat-on-your-body/>.
* "Food Guide Pyramid Becomes a Plate." KidsHealth - the Web's Most Visited Site about Children's Health. Web. 09 Oct. 2011. <http://kidshealth.org/kids/stay_healthy/food/pyramid.html>.
* "Health | Eating Well." Healthy Recipes, Healthy Eating, Healthy Cooking | Eating Well. Web. 09 Oct. 2011. <http://www.eatingwell.com/blogs/health/_3-tricks-kids-eat-healthier>.
* "Healthy Meals and Food for Healthy Kids » About." Healthy Meals and Food for Healthy Kids. Web. 09 Oct. 2011. <http://blog.superhealthykids.com/about/>.