1. When and where was Martin born?
Martin was born in Atlanta, Georgia, on January 15, 1929
2. How were black people considered inferior to whites?
They were not allowed to play in the same parks or eat in the same restaurant.
3. Where did the slaves in the south come from and why were they brought to the United States?
The slaves in the south from Africa.They were brought to the United States because they want to work on farms run by white people.
4. When was slavery abolished in the south and why did problems still exist between blacks and whites?
In 1865 , slavery was abolished in the south.Because they did not want black people to swim in the same pools or sit in the same train cars.
5. What kept black people out of many shops and even churches?
White people have sign “ Whites only “ in the shop and even churches .
6. Martin wanted to be a leader, but there were only a few black leaders and his father was one of them, how was his father a leader?
Because his father was a church minister.
7. Martin decided to follow his father as a leader; how did he prepare himself?
He worked hard and usually got good marks.
8. At the age of 15, what was Martin very good at doing and what did he win to show that he was good at doing this?
He entered a public speaking competition. He spoke so powerfully about “the Negro and the constitution” that he won first prize.
9. What Indian politician did Martin study to develop his approach to fighting discrimination and what did he learn to do and not do?
He learn to do : He was beginning to see a way to tackle the problem of discrimination .
He learn to not do : Do not fight black, Gandhi had urged. Respond peacefully to your enemies.