Job roles and Functions in a Business Organisation
Job Roles within Debenhams
Everyone who works in a business will have a particular job to do. Each job is different. The retail company, Debenhams, has a large variety of different job roles which work within their company. Below, are the main job roles which work within in a Debenhams store, located in the Arndale centre, Luton.
The Store Manager is ultimately responsible for the store. The store manager has the following roles and responsibilities:
* Overlooking the day-to day operations in the store
* Hiring new employees to ensure that the store is not short of staff
* Having the authority to fire employees
* Ensuring staff are trained so that staff can perform their duties aptly
* Evaluating performance through appraisals
* Ensuring that there are enough sales being made and that the store is making a profit
* Ensuring that the store is meeting the health and safety requirements and standards
* Encouraging staff to be motivated.
Supervisors are responsible for overseeing the other sales assistants within their department. There are four different departments which are: Home, Children, Mature Women and the Younger Women .The supervisor have the following roles and responsibilities.
* Ensuring sales assistants are performing their duties their duties aptly
* Giving instructions and orders to sales assistants
* Being responsible for the work and actions of the other sales assistants.
* Ensuring good teamwork.
Sales assistants are responsible for carrying out their routine day- to- day duties in the store which are the following.
* Handling payments for customer’s purchases
* Receiving and storing the delivery of large amounts of stock
* Assisting customers to find items they are looking for
* Answering queries from customers
* Keeping clothes tidy and arranging clothes...