Business Current Events Assignment
This assignment is designed to keep you on top of what is going on in the business world around you. You will be researching current events that occur locally, nationally, and around the world. Throughout the semester, you will research at least 2 current events and present your findings to the class. The business issues you choose may include such things as a new store opening or closing, changes in consumer habits, a new invention, and the stock market.
▪ Each current event presentation should consist of one article - sources should be the Internet (reportonbusiness.com, wired.com, cnn.com, cbc.com, bbc.co.uk), Newspapers, or Magazines.
▪ You may not use the same source for both presentations.
▪ Topic/Article should be chosen the week prior to your presentation date (if not -1 mark)
▪ The presentation should be no longer than 3 minutes
▪ The presentation should answer the following questions:
▪ Source – Where did you get your article?
▪ Title of the article
▪ Who is the article about?
▪ What is the article about?
▪ Where did the event(s) in the article take place?
▪ When did the event(s) in the article occur?
▪ Why did the event(s) happen?
▪ How does this article relate to Introduction to Business?
▪ You must hand in the following: a) Title Page (indicating the topic), b) printed copy of the article, c) 1 page written summary in business report format (+, -, interesting), d) this assignment sheet
Topics to Consider (Note – some topics may be deleted if it is selected too many times)
2. Supply and Demand
3. Forms of Business Ownership
4. Business Ethics
5. International Business
7. Human Resources
10. Product Placement...