Review of physiology of the heart (students review on their own as needed). Students learn of diagnostic test and procedures related to chronic cardiovascular alterations. The student integrates the nursing concepts in caring for a client with chronic cardiovascular alteration. The student applies nursing process to the client with chronic cardiovascular alterations. The emphasis is on caring for clients with chronic cardiovascular.
By the completion of this unit of study, the student will be able to:
* Examine the nursing and collaborative management of clients with chronic cardiovascular alterations.
* Recognize the pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, psychosocial-spiritual, nutritional and developmental considerations, teaching and discharge criteria of chronic alterations.
* Formulate the nursing diagnoses, desired client outcomes, and therapeutic interventions appropriate in selected chronic cardiovascular alterations.
* Examine the professional literature to enhance knowledge of nursing concepts.
* Initiate nursing process, focusing on health teaching, growth and development and evaluation.
Patient Educational Flyer – group assignments (see grading rubric as a guideline of how to put it together. We will be talking about this on the first day of class, so be sure and bring the syllabus to class.)
Bonus assignments (study guide assignments & syllabus; see due dates below)
* 3 bonus points- awarded if greater than 80% on unit exam and only up to 100%.
* Late assignment will still be turned in, but will not receive points.
* All 3 assignments must be turned in on time to receive 3 points and awarded if greater than 80% on unit exam and only up to 100%.
Reading & Activity Assignments
I. Reading assignments: The below reading is from the Iggy book
Chapter 35 pages 704-726. (Review) Assessment of the Cardiovascular System
Chapter 36 pages 730-738, 755-760. Care of...