CAUSES AND EFFECTS OF CRIME IN SOUTH AFRICA
1, Poverty: major factor contributing to the current surge in violent crime (Poverty, parenting cause crime)
- Social demand put pressure on each person, make them want more and more material values (10 causes of crime).
- Poor dwellers commit crime to earn money such as: thieves, intruders,…
- High rate in unemployment lead to no job for low-background people which conduct to their illegal way to earn money.(10 causes of crime)
2, Lack of prenting guides:
- Bruce points out that lack of parenting skills will lead to crime in which children are victims. (Poverty, parenting guide cause crime)
- Texas Dep finds out that 85% of teenagers criminal grew up in a fatherless home (10 causes of crime)
- Children in fatherless home are 33 times more likely to be abused which affect their perception and motivate them to commit crime. (David, 2000)
- They are too strong physically but weak in emotion.
- They have inadequate love from others people.
- Most criminal do not believe in one’s internal power so that they do not have motivation to develop and use them in right way.
Source: 10 causs of crime
1, On society
Crime has become a part of their daily lives. (Christianna. B 2008)
They have to suffer post-traumatic stress syndrom which mean they had damge in their self-esteem and have trouble in their psychology. (Christianna. B 2008)
The youths are becoming uncontrolable. (Christianna. B 2008)
Source: The psychological impact of crime on the south africa society.
2, On children:
- 27% youths aged betwwen 12 and 22 had suffered as a victim of a crime such as: sexual harrassment, violence,.. but most of the crime are not reported as they think adults will not listen to them. ( Khan F, 2009)
- One in two youth at...