PARKSIDE MIDDLE SCHOOL HEALTH AND PHYSICAL EDUCATION
Developing Active, Healthy, Achieving Students
The ultimate goal of health and physical education is to assist students in developing positive attitudes towards total fitness and to assist them in acquiring the knowledge and skills necessary to maintain personal fitness for a lifetime. Through classroom activities, homework logs, and individual health and fitness portfolios, students will acquire an understanding of the human body and its need for physical, mental, social, and emotional development.
• wearing athletic shorts, sweatpants and t-shirt (no denim please)
• wearing athletic socks and shoes that are closed toe, properly laced, and tied securely ( flip-flops, slides, elevated, or step-ins can cause serious injury!)
• removing all jewelry in the locker room. Medical and religious items are permitted.
• taking advantage of the workout gear rental program ($1.00 non-refundable)
• Student athletes are not allowed to wear athletic department clothing and/or gear.
***Need some Panther Workout Gear? See the P.E. Dept!***
* t-shirts $6.00
* 7” inseam shorts $6.00
* 11” inseam shorts $10.00
* gray sweatpants $10.00 (while they last)
* royal blue storage mesh bags $8.00 (while they last)
All students will be assigned a locker and lock to use during the school year to secure their personal items. (So keep you personal locks home!) Please do not share lockers! If students have any problems concerning locks and lockers, it is the student’s responsibility to inform the locker room teacher. Students will be held accountable for damaged and/or lost locks. (Lock replacement charge is $5.00.) For the health and safety of those with asthma and allergies, no spray products are allowed.
PARKSIDE MIDDLE SCHOOL PHYSICAL EDUCATION, COACHING, ADMINISTRATION, AND SUPPORT STAFF DO NOT...