Establish the payroll system
Candidate’s Name Student ID
The assessment task is due on the date specified by your assessor. Any variations to this arrangement must be approved in writing by your assessor.
Submit this document with any required evidence attached. See specifications below for details.
The candidate will demonstrate the ability to establish procedures for the management of payroll.
In response to the scenario provided, you will develop a step-by-step plan to establish a payroll system, develop security procedures, establish control measures, and ensure procedures guarantee substantiation of claims for allowances.
1. Consider the scenario and task provided.
2. Consider the design of a payroll system to cover organisational and legislative requirements.
3. Prepare a planning document in which you outline steps you would take to establish the payroll system. Your plan must include a step-by-step description of review, design, development and implementation. Include:
a. a survey of legal environment
b. the development of policies and procedures (refer specifically to those three developed in steps 4–5 of this procedure.
4. Write a policy and procedures document to ensure security of employee payroll information. Include reference to relevant legislation.
5. Write a policy and procedures document to ensure substantiation of claims for allowances. Include reference to relevant legislation.
6. Write a policy and procedures document to safeguard organisational resources. Include reference to relevant legislation or standards.
7. Write a one page reflection on the process of designing the payroll system. Describe how both organisational and legislative requirements are met by each step of your proposed plan. Describe how policy and procedures documents are designed to ensure all...