I. Savanna Biome
* Savanna’s have generally _________temperatures all year round.
* A seasonal change occurs between wet tropical air masses and dry tropical air masses; As a result, there is a very wet season, and a very dry season.
1. Dry Season
a) Average of about __ inches of rain will fall
b) Between ___________ and ______________no rain will fall at all.
c) Oddly it’s a little cooler during the dry season, but not too cold only about ___ degrees.
2. Wet Season
a) Lots of rain
b) An average of 15 to 25 inches of rain will fall during this time
c) Very _____and__________, because of hot air rising and colliding with cooler air forming rain.
B. African Savanna
1. Tropical grassland between latitude 15° north and 30° South
2. Some of the areas it covers are:
___________ _____________ Ghana
Sierra Leone Cote D’vore _________
3. Rainy Season
a) Begins in _______and ends in _____________, is like that of ______________, and gets 15 to 25 inches of rain in a month.
b) Occurs in the _______ Sun Period
4. Dry Season
a) Occurs 7 months a year, from ______________to ___________ in the Southern Hemisphere and April to September in the Northern Hemisphere
b) Occurs in the _____ Sun Period
* Both Seasons have a wet/dry tropical climate
5. African Savanna is a _______ _________ savanna, which has many different types of plants such as the:
a) Acacia Senegal
i) We use the Acacia tree for Rope, treatments for bleeding, leprosy, and upper respiratory tract infections.
ii) It’s of great economic importance to the...