Critical aspects covered in any organization's disaster management policies and procedures include:
1. People Safety
2. Managing Fire
3. Business Continuity
4. Data Security
People safety is of utmost concern to the company and the purpose of this policy is to prevent safety incidents as well as act immediately on any such incidents.
1) Create and sustain a safe work environment through several steps including, classifying/ color coding different materials based on safety threats, ensuring proper & visible signage and warnings while handling items, precautionary safety attires like helmets, masks, safety boots, etc.
2) Safety/Accident drills are conducted at least once in every 6 months, across different departments covering all employees and safety champions/ leaders are identified to guide during an emergency.
3) Safety of employees involved in frequent driving for official purposes shall be taken into consideration by ensuring that the drivers do not drive and speak over the phone simultaneously. In addition to this, driving speeds shall be monitored and action taken against employee for over speeding.
4) Safety awareness trainings shall be conducted once in every 3 months, based on practical cases as well as highlighting the importance of being safe at work.
5) These policies apply to & shall be strictly complied with by any other outsider including contract workers, suppliers and customers within the company premises.
Fire is a common cause of several safety incidents in company’s business and the purpose of this policy is to prevent fire, manage fire incidents and create a high level of awareness among employees.
1) Fire drills & training – All employees need to attend a compulsory fire training program & be practically equipped to handle fire incidents by conducting mock drills. Fire champions need to be identified in each department and will lead the fire drills. The same procedure with respect to the...