Induction Activity Answers.
1. I am enrolling onto the ‘Access to Midwifery’ Diploma course.
2. Open Awards are the awarding body for the Distance Learning Centre.
3. QAA is the regulator for the Access to Higher Education Diploma. Their role is mainly in Higher Education reviewing and standards, and the QAA publish reports on their findings. They also publish guidance to uphold quality standards.
4. 60 credits make up a full Access to Higher Education Diploma.
5. A maximum of 15 credits can be at level 2.
6. You should achieve a pass in all level 2 qualifications to commence to level 3.
7. Tutor observed assessments will be completed through a Skype call.
8. OCNNWR issue the certificates for all diplomas.
9. See attachment for flow chart.
10. An SAQ is a Self Assessment Question.
11. Go into the my DLC tab at the top of the screen, then log into my DLC account. They are located under ‘Course Materials’. All modules have a password which will be sent by my tutor when needed.
12. There are many books recommended for my course. Some examples of these are:
A New Introduction to Human Biology, by Martin Rowland, many free e-books from www.bookboon.com, and also online journals from British Medical Journal (bmj.bmjjournals.com)
13. Assessment work should be presented in a loose leaf folder. I must post this to my tutor, along with my completed and signed assessment sheet. For level 3 work I must upload a copy of the assessment to my DLC account.
14. Level 3 of the Diploma is graded at Distinction, Merit or Pass.
15.Grading criteria is the criteria or guidelines that level 3 work is marked against in order to define you with a grade, at either pass, merit or distinction.
16.The standard system of referencing used by the Distance Learning Centre is the Harvard Referencing System.
17.a) Indge, B., Rowland, M and Baker, M., 2005. A New Introduction to Human Biology....