[Type the document subtitle] |
FISH Mutton PorkVegetables RiceSoupsCakes |
500-600gms. boneless chicken (cut into1-inch cubes)
2 tbsp Soya sauce
2 tbsp corn flour / corn starch
5-6 green chilies (finely chopped)
2 green onion tops (finely chopped), if available
1 tsp garlic paste
Salt To Taste
1/2 tsp white pepper powder or to taste
1 tsp sugar
A pinch of ajinomoto (optional)
2 cups chicken broth / water
1 tbsp oil
Oil to fry
How to make chili chicken :
* Take 1tbsp. Soya sauce, 1tbsp. corn flour, salt, egg in a bowl and marinate chicken pieces in the the mixture for about 10-15 minutes.
* Heat oil and deep fry the marinated chicken pieces till golden brown.
* Now in a separate wok / kadhai heat 1 tbsp. oil and add garlic paste and green chilies and sauté for few seconds.
* Add 2 cups of chicken broth or water. Bring to boil and add sugar, pepper powder, salt , ajinomoto and remaining Soya sauce.
* Add fried chicken pieces to it and cook for few minutes.
* Dissolve the remaining corn flour in 1/2 cup water and add to the curry stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
* Serve chilli chicken hot garnished with chopped green onion tops. Goes well with steamed / boiled rice.
2 large onions
6 cloves garlic
1 tsp ground mustard
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp ground ginger
1 cinnamon stick, crumbled
1 tsp chilli powder, or to taste
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tblsp white vinegar
1 tblsp brown sugar
90 gms ghree
1 1/2 kg chicken pieces
How to make chicken vindaloo:
* Roughly chop 1 onion, combine in a blender or food processor with garlic, mustard, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, chilli, cumin, cloves, cinegar and sugar. Blend until smooth.
* combine chicken in a bowl with spice mixture. Marinate for atleast 4 hours, preferably overnight.
* Slice remaining onion. Meld ghee in a saucepan and sautÃ© onion for 2...