Ninety-five percent of all current Indian marriages are arranged. with most females being married by 24 and most males being married by their late twenties (McDonald). However, many children, age 15 and 16 are married within a cultural context. A marriage should be built my mother herself—like to say of arranged marriage, “It’s not that there isn’t love. It’s just that it comes after the marriage.”on mutual love and respect between both partners. How does a person have a satisfying sex life with a stranger?
Mehendi is considered to be an ancient Indian body art. It is used in creating elaborate ethnic or contemporary designs and exotic patterns on various parts of the body; traditionally mehendi was applied on the hands and feet of Indian bride.
This is the festive occasion celebrated by the bride’s family. The bride and close female members of her family have henna painted on their hands and feets while the rest of the family celebrate with songs. Mehndi signifies the strength of love in a marriage.
During the Sangeet Ceremony men typically wear traditional Kurta pyjamas
Silks and soft linens are used for this look
There are three parts in a salwar suit, namely the kameez, salwar and a dupatta.
available in silk and brocade.
-it is considered the national dress for men
-signifies elegance and style
-worn over the Kurta pyjamas
- made of heavier fabrics
- always embroidered
* Ghagra Choli
* A gaghra choli usually consists of a very long skirt and short blouse
* A lengthy scarf called a dupatta is draped across the chest
* *Developed from native Indian temple dancers
* *National dress for women in India
* *Silk or cotton
* *The nivi style is today's most popular sari style
* *Allows freedom of movement while maintaining modest standards
* In addition to exchanging rings, the couple exchanges flower garlands (called Varmala) to symbolize their love. The garlands are made of brightly hued flowers