Techniques of characterization
* By describing the person’s appearance and clothes.
* By the speech of the character.
* By the actions of the character.
* By describing the past of the character
GUIDENCE LINES FOR WRITING A CHARCTER SKETCH
* Physical description | * Physical look, ( color of the skin, eyes, hair, etc) * Physical features( height, weight,, look) * Dress and appearance . * |
* Personality traits | * Personality * Character * Social behavior * Emotions and feelings,, * Likes and dislikes. * Etc… |
* Hyperbole | * It means,,, exaggerated statements that are not meant to be taken in the strict sense of the word. * Writing more about the character * Experiences, events, and small stories can be included here that reveals the character of the person we write about. |
Report is an account of an event or series of events , or summary of the conclusions to be drawn froma survey or set of statistics.
Points to remember
* Organise the facts clearly.
* Paragraphes should be shorter than they usally are when you are writing short stories and essays.
* Consider the readership .
* Write in first person or third person .
* It should address six basic questions , who, what,when,where,why, and how.
ORDER OF A SIMPLE REPORT
* summary of the event
* background leading to the event
* return to the immediate situation
* response of those who involved
NEWS REPORT WRITING
THE LEAD |
THE BODY |
Kinds of news report
* Crime report------ theft, street quarrel, murder, chain – snatching..etc..
* Accident report----- vehicle collision, fire accident, train accident ,etc..
* Sports report ------- annual sport day, cricket matches, tournaments, games ,etc.