Bachelor of Business Administration - BBA Semester 3
Subject Code – BB0012
Subject Name – Management Accounting
(Book ID: B0093)
Assingment Set –1 ( 60 Marks )
Note: Each question carries 10 Marks. Answer all the questions.
Q.1 Explain why management accountant role is critical in an organizational setup? [10 Marks]
Answer:- Management accounting measures and reports financial and non-financial information that helps managers make decisions to fulfill the goals of an organization.
Managers use management accounting information to
• choose, communicate and implement strategy
• coordinate product design, production and marketing decisions
• Management accounting focuses on internal reporting
• Management accounting is future oriented.
Strategy specifies how an organization matches its own capabilities with opportunities in the marketplace to accomplish its objectives
• Strategy examples
• Quality products or services at low prices (WestJet)
• Unique products or services at higher prices
• Management accountants provide information to
management such as
• Who are our customers and suppliers
• Sensitivity of market to price, quality and service
• Industry characteristics (size, growth).
Q.2 From the following data of Jagdish Company prepare (a) a statement of source and uses of working capital (funds) (b) a schedule of changes in working capital ?
|Asset |2008 |2007 |
|Cash |126000 |1,1400 |
|Short-Term Investment |42400 |20,000 |