Festoon Boutique Marketing Plan
Festoon Boutique is under the ownership of Kathy Frey Terkeltaub and operates out of two retail locations: The Shops at Hager, 25 W. King Street, Lancaster, and The Shoppes at Brighton, 1183 Erbs Quarry Road, Lititz. Both locations are in Lancaster County. The following document will explain Festoon Boutique’s profile, a situational analysis, and an analysis of its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
* Festoon was founded by Kathy Frey Terkeltaub in 2004. “Festoon” means colorful flowers—Terkeltaub worked in the floral design business for 20 years and color is a major product and store display emphasis (see Appendix A).
* Festoon started with a 630 square foot boutique inside The Shops at Hager in Lancaster (formerly Hager Department Store). It expanded 2½ years later into a 2,600 square foot shop within that same facility.
* The company has two stores in Pennsylvania. One at Hager is located at 25 W. King Street in Lancaster, and the other is a part of The Shoppes at Brighton, 1183 Erbs Quarry Road in Lititz.
* The company’s mission is “To awaken and inspire with passion the creative spirit within those we serve.” It is printed clearly on some of its print materials and in the “Biography” section of the website, www.shopfestoon.com.
* Festoon houses the most extensive collection in Lancaster City of botanically silk flowers, boutique clothing, cards, jewelry and accessories, home decor and a large selection of locally made soy candles in addition to its staple of women’s apparel.
* Festoon places orders with vendors that manufacture items in New York and Atlanta and purchases these items a year in advance. Terkeltaub travels to New York, on average, eight times per year, and Atlanta twice a year to preview and secure next year’s inventory.
* Festoon carries a variety of branded...