EXP 105 Week 2-5 Quiz
week 2 Grade Details
1. Question : In the following sentence, identify the prepositions: “Last night, on my way home from work, I noticed fireworks in the sky.”
2. Question : In the following sentence, identify the verb: “The local credit union offers the lowest interest rates for hybrid car loans.”
3. Question : An adjective describes a verb, and an adverb describes a noun.
4. Question : In the following sentence, identify the pronouns: “Her eldest children are driving home for summer vacation because they enjoy the road trip.”
5. Question : A noun, which is a person, place, or thing, can be either singular or plural.
6. Question : In the following sentence, identify the adjective: “My grandmother found an injured bird in her backyard this morning.”
7. Question : The subject of a sentence is the action that takes place in that sentence.
8. Question : The article “the” refers to something specific while “a” and “an” do not.
9. Question : A verb can be a state of being, such as feel, believe, love, and exist.
10. Question : In the following sentence, identify the adverb: “Gabriel tried out for the soccer team this year, but he plays terribly.”
weed 3 Grade Details
1. Question : The coordinating conjunctions that can be used to combine two complete sentences with a comma are “for, and, nor, because, yet, so.”
2. Question : Use two commas around “extra information” in a sentence to show that it is not important to the meaning of that sentence if taken out. For example: “The hardware store down the street, which had been paved recently, is open until midnight five days a week.”
3. Question : There should be commas around “however” in the following sentence: “Dwayne had planned to take the last flight out to Chicago. It was cancelled, however,...