What are five elements pertaining to the establishment of a false claim under the False Claims Act?
The five elements pertaining to the establishing false claims under the False Claims Act are as follows:
1. The competent authority must establish that the claim was falsely submitted and it was done deliberately.
2. It must be established whether the claim was false, fictitious or fraudulent.
3. The government also needs to prove that the false, fictitious or fraudulent claim was material (Salcido, 2009).
4. Another element that must be established beyond a reasonable doubt so as to secure a conviction is that When the US government provides any section of money or property that is essential or demanded, or the state decides to return a contractor, grantee or recipient the requested or demanded money, false claim documents do not need to be submitted directly to the government as the provision virtually covers everything that is of value.
5. Lastly, the false claim is also founded on the element an individual has possession, custody, or control of a property or money used by the government, and lastly, intending to defraud the government.
2. HIPAA privacy standards were designed to accomplish what three broad objectives?
Answer: HIPAA privacy standards were designed to accomplish what three broad objectives? Explain each.
The three broad objectives HIPAA privacy standards were designed to accomplish are limit the circumstances in which individuals use and disclose patient health information, establish individual rights regarding patient health information, and require protected individuals to adopt administrative safeguards to protect the confidentiality and privacy of patient healthcare information. According to our text, HIPAA prohibits the disclosure of any individual health information that is transferred or maintained electronically such as emails and faxes. HIPAA privacy standards also ensures that individuals have right...