• Canada's largest direct online grocer with 125,000 registered customers
• Strong financial backing with private sector funding
• Visionary staff who were able to identify a need the marketplace
• The convenience of having products delivered utilizing the internet, which at the time was a new and fast growing tool
• Grocery Gateway is a steady growing operation.
• Technological solutions aid Grocery Gateway to process orders efficiently.
• RIMMS system creates an optimal route selection for drivers and is linked to the warehouse by WMS, OPS and WCS. The system creates the most efficient routes for deliveries.
• Current location of the distribution facility is closer to its three largest sales regions.
• Customers are able to pay at the door via portable POS systems after they are satisfied with the delivery.
• Large selection - online shoppers have 6,500 items to select from
• Able to offer a tight delivery window that others do not
• Customers acknowledge that company has a high level of service
• Recognized for low/reasonable rates
• Freshness Guaranteed – as per the company website
• Delivery operations achieved 2.7 stops per hour on area, which is considered to be slow and below target.
• Wider delivery windows then targeted.
• Driver set-up and stem time accounts for nearly 20% of total driver hours worked, this time is not accounted for in the SPHOA calculation.
• Minimum order requirement is $60 which limits any customer who would have smaller order.
• Increase profitability and become cash flow positive on a variable cost basis by increasing to 4 stops per hour on area.
• Meeting deadlines in all areas of handling orders will result in the ability to process more orders during the day.
• Localization of distribution centers in other regions to reduce travel time, increase exposure and decrease costs while increasing the customer service.
• Leverage its...