Lecture # 01
Logical channel is consists of two channels.
• Common Channel.
• Dedicated Channel.
Common channel is also consists of two channels.
• BCH ( Broadcast Channel )
• CCCH ( Common Control Channel )
Broadcast Channel ( BCH )
1- Frequency Correction Channel ( FCH ):
• This is a flag you mean like a tag which help to enable MS ( MS means Mobile) to find the TRX from number of TRXs.
2- Synchronization Channel ( SCH ):
• It reduce the BSIC & TDMA frame.
3- Broadcast Control Channel ( BCCH ):
• It has complete information of Network and Cell such as :
b)Frequency Hopping Sequence.
e)Info. of neighbors cell.
f)Careful frequency plan needed to make BCCH TRX clean.
Common Control Channel ( CCCH )
1-Paging Channel ( PCH ):
• This is Broadcast Channel and it broadcast to MS until the call terminate.
• It broadcast to all BTS which has different Location ( LA ).
• Basic knowledge, it has the information of Particular MS or User.
3- Random Access Channel ( RACH ):
• It initiate the transaction of MS and respond to PCH.
4- Access Grant Channel ( AGCH ):
• It answer to RACH and use SDCCH.
Dedicated Channel ( DCH )
There are four dedicated channels.
SDCCH ( Stand alone dedicated channel ):
5-Assigned the TCH
6-Transmission of short messages ( SMS )
SACCH ( Slow associated control channel ):
1-Send measurement report from MS to RBS or BTS
3-Time Alignment, short messages SMS
FACCH ( Fast associated control channel ):
1-when need the handover then it create the map for handover purpose.
TCH ( Traffic channel ):
1- Full Rate or Half Rate
2- TCH is used for...