First Work Assignment
1. - Network always “grows” never get smaller.
- Build a cabling system that will accommodate voice and data.
- Install more network points that are necessary.
- Use structure cabling standards
- Use high-quality cabling and cabling components.
- Don’t scrimp on installation costs; it will cost you more later on.
- Plan for higher speed technologies than are commonly available today. Technology moves fast.
- Documentation is necessary and will help you and the client.
1.2 - Inventor of Ethernet, Founder of 3Com, columnist of InfoWorld and industry
1.4 - Patch Cables
- Termination Techniques
1.6 - Unshielded Twisted Pair
- Shielded Twisted Pair
- Fiber Optic
1.7 - 1000Base-T (1Gb/s) – allows Gigabit Ethernet to run over Cat5 Cable
- 10GBase-T – allows 10Gigabit Ethernet over unshielded Cat6 and 6A Cable
1.8.1 – F
1.8.2 – G
1.8.3 – D
1.8.4 – E
1.8.5 – C
1.8.6 – H
1.8.7 – A
1.8.8 – I
1.8.9 – B
1.9 - I will use a good quality of UTP Cable because it will handle External Field strength and it is more cost invective .
1.10 - Shielded Cable or Fiber Optic Cable
1.11 - Both are the same but according to UK English it will be Fiber.
1.12.1 - C
1.12.2 - A
1.12.3 - E
1.12.4 - B
1.12.5 – D
1.13 - The Gladding provides a lower refractive index to cause reflection within the core so that light waves can be transmitted through the fiber.
1.15 - RG-6U = a 75 ohm Coaxial Cable. The Minimum grade to install in residence because it will handle the full frequency range of satellite service, plus HD TV and cable – modem service. RG-6 Quad shield is the same than the RG-6U but with additional shielding for enhanced noise immunity. Recommended to use in residences.
1.16 - a Plenum is the space between False ceiling and structural...