Prepared By: Carol Azki
Internal oral wrap-up
* longest era in the English history
* There was a segregation between males and females
* separate spheres:
-Women were supposed to take care of children and house work.
-Men were supposed to get money for the household
* women were like dolls due to the restrictions in rights
* Mr Benjamin was a politician who fought for women's rights
* It is a dramatic genre adopted and heavily used by realistic dramatists in the mid-1800s.
* Contains a neoclassical essence (draws inspiration from classical ancient Greek and ancient Roman culture, thus it draws inspiration from the dramas, tragedies, and plays that were written at that time.)
* It involves a very tight plot.
* Most events that led up to the complications in the plot occur before the events of the play.
* Information about these past occurrences is revealed in a thinly veiled exposition.
* A device which is pivotal and recurrent in Well-made Plays is a letter or a paper that falls in the wrong hands in order to bring about plot twists and climaxes.
* These letters thus bring upon a twist in fate, revealing the true actions and identities of characters.
* The twist allows for a quick conclusion.
* Well-made Plays are usually open ended, creating life for the protagonist beyond the last act.
* A doll's house is a realistic drama
* it has the Greek / neo-classical essence
* the plot is going through thinly veiled events
* letters reveal the true identity of characters
* Torvald's love towards Nora is conditional, and so is Nora's love towards him.
* twist of fate
* the play has...