HR Officer, retail store
Purpose and Scope
To deliver HR services to staff and company to support business strategy, the role comprises having a leading role in recruitment, performance appraisal, employee relations
* Liase with managers to identify recruitment needs
* Managing performance appraisal process and acting on issues arising
* Oversee rewards and benefits to ensure company-wide compliance with policies
* Oversee store-wide communication
* Participate in monthly meetings with all managers
* Work with managers to develop and update job descriptions
* Placing adverts, conducting interviews, making offers and arranging starting dates.
* Hiring offers, conducting interviews
* Conduct training for all managers and employees on performance appraisals
* Provide advice to managers regarding performance issues or generalist HR queries
* Conduct and/or advise managers on the disciplinary and grievances procedures and employment law.
* Work with managers to ensure that the rewards and benefit scheme is fair, update or amended as necessary
* Co-ordinate production of monthly team newsletter
* Able to effectively identify priorities; able to provide friendly and timely assistance to the business
* Able to identify and develop skills within the workforce; effectively deal with difficult situations
* Able to provide friendly and timely assistance to the business; strong communicator able to address all levels of the business
* Has strong communication skills; being confident to deal with staff at all levels and able to clearly
* Shows initiative by proactively identifies potential issues and takes steps to resolve them before they escalate
* CIPD qualified
Welcome, introductions and format of interview.
Describe how you would adjust your communication methods to suit different audiences?