Albury High School
Year 10 Food Technology
Unit 2 – Food for All!
Folio and Practical Task 2015
Instructions to Students:
• Topic: Diet- related disease
• Weighting: 10% for folio task and 10% for practical task.
• Presentation of Part A in class on the day Part B is undertaken. Submit in ONE plastic sleeve with your name clearly marked.
• Presentation of Parts B and C – the portfolio sections – are to be word processed in class and uploaded to the Moodle by 3.30pm on the day this task is undertaken in your class.
• All sources of information are to be correctly referenced thus you will need to include a reference list.
Part A – Gathering Information
Choose ONE of the following diet-related diseases or disorders:
← Heart Disease
← Overweight and Obesity
← Bowel Cancer
← Diabetes – type 2
← Eating disorders
← Food allergies or intolerances – select one (Coeliac disease, Gluten intolerance, Lactose intolerance, Nut allergy, Seafood Allergy etc.)
Compile a portfolio of information relating to the problem. This will require you to source at least five (5) pieces of information from at least two (2) different sources. Thus, the information cannot all be from the internet.
Examples of suitable sources of information are:
← Pamphlets that may be collected from doctor’s surgeries, chemists, food industry publications;
← Newspaper articles or magazine articles or journal reports
← Television shows or radio programmes;
← Information set-up from organisations set up to provide support eg. Weight Watchers;
← Relevant websites;
← Information from textbooks;
← An interview with someone who is suffering from this disease or disorder;
← Any other relevant source of information that you are able to access.
Make sure correctly identify where you obtained each piece of information. For...