Unit 510 Lead and manage a team within a health and social care setting
1. Understand the features of effective team performance within a health and social care setting
2.1 Explain the features of effective team performance
The key features of effective team performance are:
* Clear Goals are very important to be sure that all members of the team are heading in the right direction. All members need to know the final outcome required and should be working together to reach this outcome, if some members of the team are not aiming for the same outcome then lots of time, money, enthusiasm and hard work will be wasted.
* Defined Roles to ensure that all members of the team are sure of what is required of them and what their responsibilities within the team are. If everyone has a clear role then individuals will be less likely to become disheartened and be more willing to work together.
* Open and clear communication is one of the most important points in effective team performance. Improving communication with other team members will help to build healthy interpersonal relationships. By encouraging team members to contribute their ideas and discuss issues and find solutions together this will increase trust and morale.
* Effective Decision Making is vital to a team’s progress. Team members should be aware of various methods of decision making and when and how to use these methods. This will enable them to collect the information needed and understand and problems to enable them to make the right decision.
* Balanced Participation to make sure that all members of the team are fully involved and actively contributing to discussions and meetings. By listening to everyone’s opinions they will feel a valued member of the team which will improve their wellbeing and job satisfaction.
* Valued Diversity for a team to perform effectively each member of the team should be recognised for their own strengths and ideas. A wide range of...