BOUNTY FARMS, INC.
179 M. Ponce St. Caloocan City
Tel No. 366-0616 loc. 227,122
Fax No. 361-5726, 364-8018
To: Mr. Dino Paolo Diño
Bounty Farms, Inc.
SUBJECT: Bounty Farms Logictics Report ( Parco Supermarket Accounts )
Our logistics main objective is to effectively manage the flow of goods, including energy and people, between the point of origin and the point of consumption in order to meet the requirements of our customers.
Parco Supermarket is a newly acquired account of BFI and it holds our products exclusivity, as of the moment we are the sole supplier of fresh eggs and there are no other eggs on display on their store shelves except of ours.
Dear Sir Dino,
In view of the above subject, our logistic operation has not been up to par with respect to the timely delivery of our products to our customers of which in this case is Parco Supermarket. Several incidents of late deliveries are alarming. Time/Service is a factor competition, a customer requirements, it reflects our company’s position in the industry and also, reflects how well everyone works together in our company.
Our products competitiveness, value-added features and quality is unquestionably the best in the industry but, the underlying problems on our logistics department also reflects our service performance to our customer’s of which had to be responded and dealt in to.
Listed below are the reported late deliveries @ Parco Stores:
* Parco Supermarket Taguig:
* Date: September 20, 2012
* Delivery carries a wholesale order for Parco Taguig Customer to be pick-up at 3pm that day.
* Delivery Arrival: 8:45pm. (grossly late)
* Parco Supermarket Angono:
* Date: September 6 & 7, 2012
* Two P.O.’s given in advanced but where served in two separate dates
* Delivery Arrival: on both dates, products were delivered past 8pm. (grossly late)
These late deliveries...