Summary notes from meeting
Note the following statement by the chair of the Board
* Within the next five years, MacVille will become a national brand, and will be accepted as an integral part of the hospitality industry, perceived as a key component in the success of hospitality establishments, both large and small.
* MacVille is in business to provide espresso coffee machines that meet the efficiency, reliability and sustainability needs of our hospitality clients who, in turn, reward us with profits that will allow our stakeholders and the communities in which we operate to prosper.
Note from CEO review
* In the past few years, since the last strategic plan was formulated, there have been developments in new areas that were not clearly recognised when developing the last plan. There changes are becoming an important part of our operations on a daily basis, and should be reflected in our vision, mission and values.
* There is a real need to incorporate innovation into our mission because it has been an outcome from the self-directed team’s directive. Finding new ways to improve the efficiency of processes and effectiveness of customer solutions has become a priority. There has always been a need to evaluate what we were doing, to continually challenge our methods and ask how we can simplify and improve our business. We should never rest on our laurels but instead constantly innovate and raise our standards, because we are not afraid to try new ideas and concepts. The organisation needs to embrace strategic alliances and to seek out new partnerships that support and promote our mission, desired outcomes, and strategies.
* MacVille needs to identify more closely with the community it serves. We need to be a good corporate citizen that recognises our responsibility to be active participants in our local communities, and even donate a % of profits every year to a wide variety of community and non-profit organisations.
A draft of an...