Vishal Mega Mart
Vishal Mega Mart is a 45,000 square feet hypermarket and has seven separate sections. It stocks all kinds of products like Groceries, Garments, Home furniture, Watches, Jewellery, Household Appliances, Apparels and Toys.
Address: KPCT MALL B Wing 16/1/1 Wanowrie Road, Near Café Coffee Day, Fatima Nagar, 4101040
Consumer Decision Making
* Consumer Decision Processes are the decision making processes undertaken by consumers in regard to a potential market transaction before, during, and after the purchase of a product or service.
More generally, decision making is the cognitive process of selecting a course of action from among multiple alternatives. Common examples include shopping and deciding what to eat.
There are at least three ways families can make decisions in their family meetings:-
1. Autocratically- Some individual and family decisions are best made autocratically. (For example, a grandfather who has always made the decisions about when to buy and sell.)
2. Democratically- Some family decisions are best made democratically where majority rules
3. Consensus- families might consider using a consensus decision-making strategy.
Therefore to tackle the consumer decision making, one has to understand the type of decision by the customer. Depending on that the consumer can be interpreted and made available the type of products available in that segment.
This is how they deal with consumer decision making:-
* They are using social media portals to complement other sources of customer insight to attract customer attention and earn loyalties by offering a stake in the sale, whether that is through discounts or shared ownership of the recommendation.
* Discounts and promotional offers are what drive shoppers to visit departmental stores as the ongoing economic downturn continues to affect consumer spending.
* Shoppers are increasingly influenced by social networks when it comes to decision making,...