Reviewing Overtime Policy and Procedure
LaShae K. Bradford
ENG-315 Professional Communications
April 22, 2015
To: All Employees firstname.lastname@example.org
From: LaShae Bradford email@example.com
Subject: Reviewing Overtime Policy & Procedure
Due to our company’s recent acquisition of one of our leading competitors, there has been an increase in product demand. We have recently asked many of you to take on extra hours to help increase productivity. While we want to ensure our customers are being properly serviced, we also want to make sure each employee is compensated for their time and effort.
As previously discussed, all overtime should be pre-approved by the manager on duty. All managers should take a look at the daily assignment spreadsheet to see if extra employees are needed. Anyone who has worked more than the required 40 hours should fill out an Overtime Wages Form and return it to the manager. Managers should review each form, sign it, and return them to the payroll department at the end of each week.
At Nations Warehouse we value each employee and their commitment to get the job done. If there are any comments, questions, or concerns feel free to contact me.
LaShae Bradford, Operations Manager
Attachment: Procedures for Completing the Overtime Wages Form
Procedures for Completing the Overtime Wages Form
* Take an Overtime Wages Form from the Operations Desk
* Complete the form with the appropriate information.
* Sign and date the form
* Return the form to the manager on duty.
* Supply Overtime Wages Forms to eligible employees.
* Review and sign each Overtime Wage Form.
* Forward forms to Yvonne Johnson, Payroll Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, at the end of each week.