MGMT 410 Midterm Exam (Package)
MGMT 410 Midterm (Version 1)
1. (TCO 1) HRM typically provides which of these types of training to temporary employees?
2. (TCO 1) How has technology changed HRM practices?
3. (TCO 2) Jonathan, a VP for Human Resources, is evaluating the extent to which the hiring and employment practices in his organization are in compliance with federal and state laws. Which type of external influences that impact HRM is Jonathan considering?
4. (TCO 2) To assist the organization in its strategic direction, which of the following must an HRM manager not do?
5. (TCO 3) Significant equal employment (civil rights) legislation includes all of the following except:
6. (TCO 3) If you were Vice-President of Human Resources for a large organization, how could you find out if disparate impact was occurring in your organization?
7. (TCO 3) All of these statements about the 1991 Civil Rights Act are accurate except:
8. (TCO 4) The Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988 requires all of the following except:
9. (TCO 4) All of the following actions are suggested to help managers discipline more effectively by helping employees focus on their behavior and how to improve it except the following:
10. (TCO 4) Carol was forced to take a lie detector test about a workplace violence incident. During the course of questioning, she became very upset and emotional. Carol asked the questioner to stop. He refused to discontinue the test. What action can be taken?
11. (TCO 5) During a job analysis, which of these tasks are performed?
12. (TCO 5) Brad is comparing various job analysis methods. He is looking for the best job analysis method. As a consultant, you advise Brad that he should choose
13. (TCO 5) Job descriptions are written statements of:
14. (TC0 6) Mark, an Information Technology specialist for a large firm, is at a party with some friends...