1. National Parks Board (NParks) is responsible for providing and enhancing the greenery of our City in a Garden. Beyond building green infrastructure, NParks is actively engaging the community to enhance the quality of people living environment. (NParks, 2012).
2. Let’s Make Singapore Our Garden. This sums up their vision and mandate. We conserve, create, sustain and enhance the green infrastructure of our Garden City. To create the best living environment through excellent greenery and recreation, in partnership with the community. (NParks)
3. Their rules and regulations include “Prohibited Activities”, “Regulated Activities”. The rules of management represent control of national parks, nature reserves and public parks in terms of operations.
2. Conceptual Support
1. Management concept adopted Bureaucracy. Weber’s conception of organization as bureaucracy was the notion that members of an organization adhere to the rules of than organization. He contrasted three types of authority, based upon the rule of charisma, the rule of tradition, and the rule of rational, legal precepts.
2. Weber’s 15 principle of bureaucracy.
2.3. Advantages of Bureaucracy: Top-level managers in bureaucratic organizational structures exercise a great deal of control over organizational strategy decisions, which is ideal for business owners with a command and control style. Strategic decision-making time can be shorter in a tall organizational structure, since fewer individuals are involved in the process. Standardization and best-practices are often highlights in companies with tall organizational structures, ensuring that work is consistently completed efficiently and effectively. (Chron, 2012)
2.4 Disadvantages of Bureaucracy: Bureaucratic structures can discourage creativity and innovation throughout the organization. No matter how ingenious a business owner is, it is virtually impossible for a single individual to generate the range of strategic ideas...