Working in the Nursing Profession: Role play exercise
1.1 Using the assessable skills mentioned previously, your group is to role play as the EN conducting the interview, Jay, his grandmother and Jay's mother.
You are to take into account:
• Equity, access and essentiality (take into account cultural needs and culturally appropriate language)
• Appropriate technology
• Community participation
• Self-determination and multi-sectoral collaboration, in agreement with Jay and his family
The aim of the interview is to:
a) Identify interventions for Jay
b) Identify suitable health promotion strategies
c) Identify target goals (S.M.A.R.T) and expectations
d) Identify support system and services
e) Identify role of family and enlist family support
f) Plan for reviews and contingency plan
Part 2: Presentation to address the following
2.1 What classification of disability does Jay have and what is the cause of his disability?
• Moderate acquired disability, as a cause of chronic ear infections. There is some permanent hearing loss which has affected language and literacy development.
2.2 What is an assessment of Jay's needs and health issues likely to show?
• A health assessment will be utilised to evaluate any deficits to Jay’s body systems and will also permit all his needs to be addressed in a targeted and culturally appropriate manner. A proper assessment is key in ensuring a correct care plan is provided.
• The assessment will help identify risk factors contributing to Jay’s ear disease
• hearing loss has caused a delay in language and educational development, which also affects listening skills, thinking skills and general communication skills. Jays hearing loss may also impact on him emotionally and can cause cultural alienation.
2.3 What factors including cultural factors are impacting on Jay’s health and his care?
There a lots of factors contributing to Jay’s health status and care. Health determinants which include • geographic location• access to health care •...