What is obesity? Obesity is more than just a few extra pounds. Obesity is the heavy accumulation of fat in your body to such a degree that it rapidly increases your risk of diseases that can damage your health and knock years off your life.There are many risks and complications with obesity such as:
* It can increased risk of heart disease
* high blood pressure
* breathing problems
trouble in sleeping
What cause obesity in children and adults ?
* poor eating habits like
* overeating or binging
* lack of exercise (i.e., couch potato kids)
* you have a family history of obesity
* medical illnesses (endocrine, neurological problems)
* medications (steroids, some psychiatric medications)
* you can experience stressful life events or changes (separations, divorce, moves, deaths, abuse)
* family and peer problems
* you will also have a low self-esteem
depression can trigger your emotions by being obese
BMI – test yourself
The significance of your BMI will depend on whether you are apple or pear shaped.
Use our test to find out your waist-to-hip ratio.
* You are in the normal range if your BMI is between 18.5 and 25 (kg/m2).
* You are overweight if your BMI is between 25 and 30.
* You are obese if your BMI is 30 or higher.
You are morbidly obese if your BMI is 40 or higher.
In our looks-obsessed society, lots of people think that being overweight is an appearance issue. But being overweight is actually a medical concern because it can seriously affect a person's health.When people eat more calories than they burn off, their bodies store the extra calories as fat. A couple of pounds of extra body fat are not a health risk for most people. But when people keep up a pattern of eating more calories than they burn, more and more fat builds up in their bodies that will lead to serious health issues.
what can obesity lead to?
High levels of...