The Company’s Definition of Quality
How is quality defined in this business by various company stakeholders? What do you think of this definition? Does it match what you saw and heard? Why? Why not?
The Company’s Customer Focus: Internal and External Customers
While most of the company’s focus large sum of money on external customer service in hopes of retaining and servicing loyal customer, there is little attention given to the effect poor internal customer service has on overall customer satisfaction. It all starts within your organization which sooner or later shows the symptom on organization’s external customers. As mentioned in our quality management book that upper management must walk the talk for positive change.
When we think of customer service our mind pictures the person behind the counter servicing the customer or answering the inbound or outbound calls at call center. That’s not true! Its starts within the organization, how does upper management treat it (internal customer) employees, vendors and consultants? It all counts at the end of a day. Internal customer service refers to service directed to others within organization. It refers to organization level of responsiveness, quality, communication, teamwork and morale.
The internal customer focus company has some of these following functional characteristics
• How each department in the organization been treated
• How effective channel of communication about product or informed
• How well organization listen to and understand internal customers
• How well organization resolve problems to help its internal customer to efficiently perform their job
Good internal customer service starts with good morale within organization. Some of the key question that functional very internal customer focus organization should look asks are:
• Are its internal customer (employees from all department) are happy?
• Do they feel good about themselves and their contributions to the goal of the...