Welcome

Anti Essays offers essay examples to help students with their essay writing.

Sign Up

Philippine Clean Air Act Essay

  • Submitted by: karl28
  • on August 22, 2015
  • Category: Miscellaneous
  • Length: 553 words

Open Document

Below is an essay on "Philippine Clean Air Act" from Anti Essays, your source for research papers, essays, and term paper examples.

The Clean Air Act was envisioned to fight air pollution by : (1) Reducing emissions from motor vehicles (which account for 80 percent of the air pollution) from factories and power plants (which account for the remaining 20 percent); (2) Improving fuel quality to reduce or eliminate lead in gasoline and sulfur in diesel; (3) Reducing traffic congestion and improving traffic flow; (4) Strengthening quality monitoring, evaluation and reporting through hi-tech equipment; and (5) Preventing other sources of pollution such as incinerators, garbage burning and smoking.

Studies show that air in Metro Manila is no longer in safe. Worsening air pollution has caused more than 10,000 excess cases of acute bronchitis, almost 300 excess cases of asthma and nine excess cases of chronic bronchitis. At home, I usually drink 500mg of ascorbic acid but if I have scheduled traveled to Manila, I would always drink 1000mg of ascorbic acid just to keep my self healthy and strengthen my immune system.

In an article written by former Senator Alvarez, DENR destroys spirit and intent of Clean Air Act, he mentioned that motor vehicles being registered must not exceed the 0.5 percent carbon dioxide emission to pass the emission test. This was based on Euro 1 levels of 1991, a globally accepted emission standards. But the DENR through Department Administrative order no. 51 dated October 2003, lowered the Act’s allowable carbon monoxide emission from the Euro1 standard of 0.35 percent to 0.5 percent by volume which according to Senator Alvarez is way off the Act’s standard and violated some provisions of the law because congress has the exclusive power to amend the law. And worse, the relaxed the emission standards indefinitely, setting our anti-pollution program several steps backwards. But what is worst to me is that during emission testing, technician in testing center can easily manipulate the results of the test by simply making adjustment on the engine. And this had been the...

Show More


Citations

MLA Citation

"Philippine Clean Air Act". Anti Essays. 11 Dec. 2018

<http://parimatch-stavka7.com/free-essays/Philippine-Clean-Air-Act-762927.html>

APA Citation

Philippine Clean Air Act. Anti Essays. Retrieved December 11, 2018, from the World Wide Web: http://parimatch-stavka7.com/free-essays/Philippine-Clean-Air-Act-762927.html


Giada.At.Home.S03E39.Giadas.Book.Club.HDTV.x264-W4F | Comentarios | Ap English Essay internet