1. Plasma ________ encloses the cell and separates its contents from the surroundings.
2. A semi-fluid matrix called the _________ occupies the area between the nucleus and the plasma membrane.
3. All _____ contain a plasma membrane.
4. The cell theory states that all of the ________ on earth are individual cells or aggregates of cells.
5. The interior of eukaryotic cells contain numerous membrane-bound structures called ___________.
6. The _________ of a eukaryotic cell contains most of the cell's hereditary apparatus, which isolates it from the rest of the cell.
7. A distinctive feature of eukaryotes is the organization of their chromosomal DNA which is tightly packaged with proteins into a membrane-bound structure called a _______.
8. The delivery system of eukaryotic cells called the ______ complex can collect, package, modify, and transport molecules.
9. The _________ is not only responsible for the cell's shape and movement, but it also provides a scaffolding at certain locations of the cytoplasm for some enzymes and macromolecules.
10. ___________ is the generally accepted evolutionary process which created the organelles, chloroplasts, and mitochondria.
11. Even though they were similarly created by endosymbiosis, ___________ are important in respiration, while chloroplasts are involved in photosynthesis.
12. Many eukaryotic cells possess flagella or cilia, which have the characteristic ______ arrangement of microtubules.
13. Microfilaments such as actin, microtubules, and the intermediate filaments form the cell-supporting structure called the ______________.
14. As a cell’s size increases, the _____________ increases much more rapidly than its surface area.
15. Animal cells excrete glycoproteins outside of the plasma membrane to produce an __________________ which is directly linked to the cytoskeleton.
16. Small cells function more effectively, because as cells become larger their surface area to...