Proofreading Exercise II
There is only one mistake in each sentence (except for the last two*). Correct by adding, deleting or amending a word (more than one word in the last two cases).
1. All our staffs are asked to attend the meeting.
2. The teacher keeps emphasizing on the importance of consulting good English grammars.
3. Her behaviours is often appalling.
4. Students who made special efforts to improve their English.
5. Stories that she often tells actually comes from the same author.
6. The number of applicants have dropped this year.
7. There have been a series of attacks in the streets lately.
8. I would like to express my opposition on the issue.
9. Even he had been hardworking, he did not pass the exam.
10. I don’t think I belong to here.
11. I need another lessons on English before the exam.
12. He came to the revision class and hoping to improve his English.
13. I hate.
14. An university rule says that we must keep our hair short.
15. I complain the noises from my annoying neighbours.
16. I request for new arrangements for the exam.
17. Police must investigate into the matter.
18. I propose to increasing the budget.
19. I do this with a view to help her progress in her work.
20. I arrived at the train station after the last train left.
21. If I were you, I will certainly marry her.
22. If I work harder, I would have passed the exam.
23. I look forward to see you perform.
24. Please see more examples in the followings: …
25. I like many different kinds of fruit, for examples, apples, oranges, pears, etc.
26. Either he or I is the thief.
27. The student, together with his parents, are coming to the school tomorrow.
28. The wallet worth 100 dollars.
29. I suggest him to do more English exercises.*
30. Feeling worried about the coming exam, past papers must be done immediately.*