Welcome

Anti Essays offers essay examples to help students with their essay writing.

Sign Up

Religion Essay

Open Document

Below is an essay on "Religion" from Anti Essays, your source for research papers, essays, and term paper examples.

Italy: Religion
Although a secular nation, religion remains a dominant part of Italian society. Italy has a unique religious heritage and 2,000 years of Christianity has permeated every facet of Italian life. The Vatican City, the headquarters for the Roman Catholic Church, is located within Italy and is a self-contained sovereign state. 90% of Italians identify as Roman Catholics although only one-third claim to be practicing Catholics. Italy is also religiously diverse, with the remaining 10% including mature Protestant and Jewish communities as well as a growing Muslim immigrant community. According to the most recent Eurobarometer poll (2005), 74% of Italian citizens said they believe there is a God.
Although, in 1984, Italy ended the Catholic Churches status as the state religion, there remains a strong Catholic subculture. Although only one-quarter of Italians regularly attend mass, over 95% are baptized. Saints days, first communions and various religious festivals remain very popular. The success of any business requires an understanding and sensitivity to these religious observations.

Sources:
Kent, Peter C. 2011. Catholicism in Modern Italy: Religion, Society and Politics since 1861 Catholic
Historical Review. Vol.97 Issue 1, p164-166

Eurobarometer (n.d.) Citing Websites. Social values, Science and Technology. Retrieved June 1, 2011,
from http://ec.europa.eu/public_opinion/archives/ebs/ebs_225_report_en.pdf

Central Intelligence Agency (n.d.) Citing Websites. World Factbook: Italy. Retrieved June 1, 2011, from
http://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/it.html.

U.S. Department of State (n.d.) Citing Websites. Background Note: Italy. Retrieved June 1, 2011, from
http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/4033.htm#people

Show More


Citations

MLA Citation

"Religion". Anti Essays. 9 Dec. 2018

<http://parimatch-stavka7.com/free-essays/Religion-320944.html>

APA Citation

Religion. Anti Essays. Retrieved December 9, 2018, from the World Wide Web: http://parimatch-stavka7.com/free-essays/Religion-320944.html


Прямая ссылка | M15/M20/M25/M32 304 Poulie Traction Roue Pivotante de Levage Acier Inox | Achat immédiat