Risk and Quality Management Assessment Summary
Resolve, The National Infertility Association has been assisting and helping out individuals with infertility issues since 1974. Risk and quality management improvements in the organization have rallied behind the patient’s safety, while finding new ways in working as a team that is more effective and efficient when ensuring that the organization can deliver high quality and safe patient care. There have been issues regarding cost of visits and procedures with no insurance coverage while having to pay out of pocket for services that can cost hundreds or even thousands of dollars. The organization offers assistance in providing financial assistance for those in need and assist in finding the health care coverage that would best suit them. Infertility coverage is not a mandated health issue in many states that needs insurance coverage. Out of all the states only 15 are mandated to cover some sort of infertility.
1.1 Key Concepts
The main problem was to determine what insurance provider would have some sort of infertility coverage that could assist their patients and avoid out of pocket expenses. The risk analysis will provide information that will help the risk manager realign the activities when dealing with quality care and improvement with the main focus on patient needs.
* Review of the current functions of quality improvement and risk management
* Suggestions to better present new options for health care coverage for patients and families
* Summary of how risk management and quality improvement have been brought together
* A short overview of the risk management and quality improvement evolution
* Provide scenario samples of the integrated approach to quality and risk management
The main purpose for example with Resolve, The National Infertility Association would be to implement, establish, and be able...