I was in Italy with my family, my four brothers and my sister. I’d bought a pack of marbles the day before. But one dark night my twin brother and I were in bed. I had nearly got to sleep when I heard my mum shout at my older brother, Harry.
“Stop sucking those marbles, you fool!”; as a normal teenager would, he kept on sucking!. Then disaster struck. Suddenly I heard my brother screaming and kind of making a choking noise. I was so frightened. I knew he had swallowed the marble. My mum came rushing down the stairs with a worried face. Harry was crying at this stage and was saying, “I swallowed it and am I going to die?” I remember him saying. I was only eight years old at this time. I was crying more than him at this time; ‘’ will he be alright?’’ My mum said yes hopefully. My dad said we should go to the hospital. So we all rushed into the car and drove straight away. It took about twenty minutes to get to the hospital. Finally we got there and told the doctor what happened. At this time I was blocking my nose, the smell of disinfectant was not pleasant, trust me! The doctor took a scan and said it had passed into his stomach which was good news .The doctor said keep an eye for it in the poo poo and so we did and the next morning we found it in you know where! Panic over!