10 WAYS TO DEVELOP GOOD EMOTIONAL HEALTH
1. Take care of yourself. Take time to relax, exercise, eat well, spend time with people you enjoy and activities which you find pleasurable. When you are the best that you can be then and only then your best can be represented in your relationships.
2. Choose to find the positives in life experiences instead of focusing on the negatives. Most clouds have a silver lining and offer opportunities for personal understanding and growth. When you accept that things are difficult and just do what you need to do then it doesn’t seem so hard.
3. Let go of the past or let go and let God. If you can’t change it and you have no control over it then let it go. Don’t waste your energy on things that cannot benefit you. Forgive yourself and others.
4. Be respectful and responsible. Don’t worry about other people, do what you know is right for you. When you take care of business you feel good. Don’t get caught up in blaming others.
5. Acknowledge and take credit for your successes and accomplishments. Avoid false modesty.
6. Take the time to develop one or two close relationships in which you can be honest about your thoughts and feelings.
7. Talk positively to yourself. We talk to ourselves all day long. If we are saying negative and fearful things then that is the way we feel.
8. Remove yourself from hurtful and damaging situations. Temporarily walk away from a situation that is getting out of control. Give yourself some space and time to come up with a positive approach to dealing with a problem.
9. Accept the fact that life is about choices and is always bringing about changes. Changes that ultimately requires adjusting.
10. Have a plan for the future. Develop long range goals for yourself, but work on them one day at a time.