02 México interior - Práctica
A. Answer the following about the Aztecs and the Conquistadors.
1. 1. Describe the life of the Aztecs. What is Tenochtitlan? It was the capital of the aztec empire and a population of 100,00 people. Dancers danced, musicians played and they sold foods in the marketplace.
1. 2. What was sold at the Aztec market? People sold cloth which they woved by hand or birds that were prized for their beautiful feather.
1. 3. What was the main staple of the Aztec diet? Corn.
1. 4. What were some of the reasons that Cortez wanted to conquer the Aztecs? Cortez wanted to conquer the Aztecs because they had gold, the high taxes they had to pay and because the aztec often turned them into their slaves.
1. 5. What were some of the biggest advantages the Spanish had over the Aztecs? They had big ships, suits of metal armor, crossbows, guns, cannons and even horses.
1. 6. What were the religious beliefs of both groups? Which group tried to convert the other one to their religion? Catholic missionaries tried to convert the aztec people to christianity.
A. B. Write a short composition in English comparing and contrasting Mexico City today and Mexico City of long ago (Tenochtitlan). Be sure to include:
• Population (number)
• The government
• The ruins
• Modes of transportation
• Lifestyle in general
Sits in a broad flat valley ringed with mountains. Mexico City is the heart and soul of the Mexican nation but back then Tenochtitlan was the capital.
King of Spain ruled Mexico City back then now they have a president that can only serve one 6-year term. Old Mexico City had ruins and people moved from one place to another sometimes by horses or by the canoes they made with wood they carved out. Now they use cars or buses to move from one place to another. Old Mexico’s population was 100,00 people but as of today 1,000 each day move in from different places in search for a better life making it 20...