1) The gang leader kept all the money that were stolen at the robbery.
The gang leader kept all the money that was stolen at the robbery.
- Det er en kongruensfejl, da money er ental.
2) Do you mind to close the door on your way out?
Do you mind closing the door on your way out?
- Verbet “mind” skal følges af “ingform”.
3) It is often claimed that men think more logical.
It is often claimed that men think more logically.
- “Logical” er et adverbium, som lægger sig til “think”.
4) My old father and mother lives in Spain.
My old father and mother live in Spain.
- Det er flertal, derfor skal der ikke –s på.
5) She has always been interesting in architecture.
She has always been interested in architecture.
- Det er perfektum participium.
6) Those whom are in favour of the proposal claim that it will help children from poor families.
Those who are in favour of the proposal claim that it will help children from poor families.
- “Whom” bruges kun ved object, og “who” bruges ved personer.
7) The room was much noisyer than he had expected.
The room was much noisier than he had expected.
- Når man bøjer et ord, som ender på –y i grundformen, så ændres det til –i.
8) The child was bitten of the dog.
The child was bitten by the dog.
- Når det er passiv, bruges “ by”.
1) Served with a crusty, coarse-grained bread and fresh butter, then followed with a green salad, this is a wonderfully filling and satisfying meal.
Adjektiver: Crusty - coarse-grained – fresh - satisfying.
Adverbier: Then – wonderfully.
2) Pumpkin is not particularly popular in this country as a vegetable, but it has its advocates, especially among Middle Eastern peoples.
Adverbier: Partiucularly – especially.
3) Pumpkin goes exceptionally well with the beans. Try it. You’ll discover there are other uses for it besides traditional pumpkin pie....