1. What mistakes did Debbie make in her test preparation that probably harmed her performance? initially thought it was going to be easy
2. What mistakes did Debbie make during the test that hurt her? There was a question that she got stuck on and when she couldn’t decide on a answer she just left it blank and she continued this pattern for the duration of the multiple choice questions.
3. What was right about Debbie’s initial approach to the test? She had spent few hours the previous night and a hour before the class studying the key terms and concepts. She felt she was ready and that she knew the material.
4. What should Debbie have done differently in calculating the amount of time to devote to each portion of the test, why? She should’ve been aware she had a mid-term exam coming up and that she needed to study more than what she did. If she had devoted more time to studying then she wouldn’t have worried as much and the results would’ve been better.
5. What specific strategies would have helped Debbie with the multi-choice questions? What strategies could she have used on the essay? She should’ve went somewhere quiet where she could concentrate and study hard without any distractions and spent more time studying instead of last minute. The best strategy on the essay that she could have utilized would’ve been to have the mindset this is very important and need be spending as much time possible preparing.
6. If you were in Debbie’s shoes, What would you do with only 10 minutes left in the test? I would have panicked but I would realize there’s not enough time left so I need to try and give it my best shot in writing the essay under the circumstances and hope for the best.