1. Type of Essay: Satirical
2. Audience: High School Students +Adults
3. Purpose: make readers realize what we have done to Aboriginals
4. Thesis: near end, puts good effect on reader
5. Beginning: reader should think that Aboriginals should adapt to the changes. End: reader should think about what we have actually done to the aboriginals
6. Organization: Effect- cause (I talk about how Aboriginals are not co-operating with laws, etc. Then I talk about the fact that we took over their land)
7. Academic English (With the two- generation cut- off, the Aboriginals do not have a chance to survive for long)
8. Formal (Aboriginals are, to the rest of the population, a minority group residing in Canada from long ago.)
9. Tone: Satirical
10. Types of verbs used: action (As well, Aboriginals need to calm down and live peacefully)
11. Mix of present and past (what they are doing, what we did to them)
12. Adjectives: predicate- to directly refer to noun (smartest and most clever way)
13. Adverbs: adverbs of manner (The Canadian government is acting smartly.)
14. Third Person- not too personal, more formal
Taking Over Their Land
Hidden inside the large population of Canada, are a minority group called the Aboriginals. Not many people know about them. They live separately on their little land, up north, away from the rest of the population.
The northern territories are more than enough space for them. The rest of the population needs the remaining space to live. The rest of the population is a lot larger than the population of Aboriginals. They also need a place to live. Aboriginals will have to adapt.
Aboriginals are, to the rest of the population, a minority group residing in Canada from long ago. Their clothing is different, their Native dress and feather hat, they should dress like the rest, follow the rest. After all, they are just a minority group.
The Aboriginals should not have special...