Spelling lists will be passed out on Mondays. Sentences, pre-tests, and any misspelled words will be completed in the notebook. Each of the required elements must be clearly labeled. PLEASE DATE ALL ASSIGNMENTS!
**Review this with your parents and sign below.
· Composition Books - You must have a composition or spiral notebook for spelling. Please put your name. block number and homeroom teacher's name on the front cover. ***Please date your work.
· Sentences - The sentences you write should be varied and long enough
to let us know you understand the meaning of the spelling word. You may combine 2 words in one sentence.
· Pre-Test - Pre-tests will be given in class on Mondays. If you are absent, you must find someone else (either at school or at home) to give you the pre-test. Pre-tests must have the name of your tester. Misspelled words should be recopied 3 times - check the spelling carefully!
· Tests - All tests are given in class on Fridays. Make-up tests are given Fridays
at the beginning of recess in D2 (Mrs. King's room).
· Neatness Countsl You should use your BEST handwriting. Helpful Hint: Mark
the spot for the current week's homework with a paper clip - and secure loose
· Grading - Each week's homework will count as an effort grade for writing.
· Late Homework - Notebook should be placed on your desk, and open to the
appropriate week, at the beginning of class on Friday to be checked. Late
homework will be marked down one number for each day the homework is late.
**/ have read the information above and understand the expectations. **