1. The recording, storing and sharing of data is covered by the Data Protection Act 1998, it is the main piece of legislation that governs the protection of personal data in the UK.
2. Confidentiality and conflict information about service users in our care is very private you have both a legal and moral responsibility to maintain confidentiality about personal information a breech.
1. to access information and advice about handling information staff could:
* Read Policies and Procedures file
* attend training
* speak to Team Manager
* speak with work colleagues
* research on websites
2. A breach of confidentiality and or the privacy act, contact the relevant or authority involved, if this is a serious situation resulting in the detrimental sharing or misuse of personal information I would contact manager.
1. Effective record keeping by health and social care staff is a means of:
* ensuring a high standard of health and social care
* organising communication by disseminating information among members of the team providing
care for a client, and describing what has been observed or done and what needs to be observed and done.
* ensuring a cohesive approach to client care
* detecting problems or changes in the client’s condition, at an early stage and taking swift,
* demonstrating the chronology of events, the care implemented and the responses to care and
* demonstrating the properly considered health and social care decisions relating to client care.
* demonstrating that staff have exercised their professional accountability and fulfilled their legal and professional duty of care.